(Bloomberg) — The Sri Lanka economy will expand 1.5% in 2Q, according to the latest results of a Bloomberg News survey of 11 economists conducted from July 2 to July 8.
* GDP 3Q19 +2.1% y/y vs prior +3.6%
* GDP 4Q19 +3% y/y vs prior +3.7%
* GDP 2019 +2.7% y/y vs prior +3.5%
* GDP 2020 +3.8% y/y vs prior +3.8%
* Dimantha Mathew, head of research at First Capital Holdings: “Production and SME business was at a complete standstill for nearly four weeks while sentiment was very weak for a further two weeks before we saw any recovery.”
* CPI 3Q19 +4.3% y/y vs prior +4.7%
* CPI 2019 +4.5% y/y vs prior +4.5%